Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- @lapetitefrench_ Mathilde in all her bridal glory, a thankful Giselle of a different and consummated nature, spark… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @lapetitefrench_ I thought you were in Giselle for a moment! Stunning in that very modern old world way. Sparkling… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Congrats to all! @sfballet is in quite excellent company with the other nominees. twitter.com/NatDanceAwards… 3 months ago
- @_MediumKevin @dickjd21 @communistbops TY! Yes, this is Georgian, based in ballet. Everyone in the world of ballet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- Art with purpose! Create, share, love, live with purpose. @ShinjiEshima twitter.com/ShinjiEshima/s… 3 months ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Monthly Archives: April 2011
(*Note*: This post was written prior to recent Casting changes. Always go to San Francisco Ballet’s web site here for current Casting.) On Opening Night of SFB’s 2011 production of John Neumeier’s The Little Mermaid, Saturday, April 30, 2011, … Continue reading
“If you are living in a Paradise, how strong must be the love that inspires you to leave?”~John Neumeier, Creator of The Little Mermaid (Note: All of the photos featured in the slideshow above and galleries below are published here with … Continue reading
(wait for the slideshow above) San Francisco Ballet’s 2012 season begins and ends with a full-length Big Ballet Bang; Program 1 gives us the SFB Premiere of John Cranko’s 1965 adaptation of Onegin, one of his most dramatic ballets, created on … Continue reading
ABT’s Sarah Lane, Natalie Portman’s Dance Double in ‘The Black Swan’, Speaks Out on ABC’s 20/20 at 10pm Pacific Time
ABT’s Sarah Lane, Natalie Portman’s ballerina body double, on the cover of Dance Magazine Natalie Portman in ‘Black Swan’ movie poster So, the Battle of the Dualing Swan Queens continues. But this time it’s not just about ‘Odette’, the innocent White Swan, and her … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer News: Tiit Helimets Forms New Touring Company and Lorena Feijoo Performs The Black Swan on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
Tiit Helimets and Co. (Wait a moment to enjoy the slideshow above; full story follows the photo gallery below) Tiit Helimets and Co.-The Estonian Tour Documentary Is there one single person visiting Odette’s Ordeal who hasn’t wanted to be a ‘fly on the wall’ … Continue reading
If you’re not at San Francisco Ballet tonight, why not invite one of its fabulous Principal Dancers to perform in your living room? Tonight, between 9pm and 10pm, SFB’s Lorena Feijoo will be performing with her Boston Ballet sister, Lorna Feijoo, … Continue reading
…in London! One of San Francisco Ballet’s favorite visiting choreographers, Christopher Wheeldon, has just celebrated one more extraordinary World Premiere, his Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, the first full-length production for The Royal Ballet in 15+ years, and co-produced with The National Ballet of … Continue reading