Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- RT @DiabloBallet: A sneak peek of reharsals for our May 5th & 6th performances. Get tickets at diabloballet.org https://t.co/aQG8XSy… 1 week ago
- @mercnews Way to break the @sfballet 4:00 pm web embargo. Fellow reporters that abide by SFB's embargo are fed up and letting SFB know. 2 weeks ago
- Way to break the @sfballet 2018 season announcement embargoed till 4pm today, @mercnews & @BruceManuel who published @12:01pm. Wow. 2 weeks ago
- My review of @sfballet and @SFBalletOrch in Prog 7, with @mylesthatcher world premiere & @chriswheeldon2 to die for… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 weeks ago
- Odette couldn't agree more! And it should be this @sfballet production, where each cast will be magnificent! twitter.com/sfballet/statu… 1 month ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Sometimes a choice needs to be made. Though I was present at last night’s long-awaited and sumptuous San Francisco Ballet premiere of John Cranko’s Onegin, gorgeously danced by all, my choice was to share Clara Blanco’s promotion, immediately following the … Continue reading
Last night, after a ravishing debut as ‘Olga’ in San Francisco Ballet’s long-awaited premiere of John Cranko’s Onegin, Clara Blanco, a long time favorite of SFBalletomanes, got the surprise of her dance career: a long hoped for and well deserved promotion to Company Soloist. (Thanks … Continue reading
Kudos to San Francisco Ballet’s Responsive Online Presence (Thanks for Listening and Adding ‘Gremin’ to the ‘Onegin’ Casting Page!)
San Francisco Ballet’s online presence has changed the way they interact with their fans-in a very good way; quite simply, they have one of the absolute best ‘Facebook’ feeds in the biz, not to mention their twitterific ‘Twitter’ presence. In addition … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Adds ‘Olga & Lensky’ to ‘Onegin’ Casting; Sarah Van Patten in the Royal Danish Ballet’s 2002 ‘Onegin’
(Now, if we can just get them to post ‘Prince Gremin’…) I’ve added the ‘Lensky & Olga’ casting (Gennadi Nedvigin & Clara Blanco, Taras Domitro & Dana Genshaft, Jaime Garcia Castilla & Dores Andre, and Isaac Hernandez & Courtney Elizabeth) for this … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Casting for Cranko’s ‘Onegin’; Maria ‘Masha’ Kochetkova & Vitor Luiz Open the Run
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting of the lead roles, Onegin & Tatiana, for the entire run of its 2012 season’s most eagerly anticipated-and first-program, the SFB premiere of John Cranko’s masterpiece, Onegin, one of ballet’s most highly acclaimed and dramatically challenging works, which opens in just 6 days… …and they … Continue reading
It’s official; San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer Lorena Feijoo will not be reprising her passionate and fiery ‘Kitri’, one of her most signature roles, in the Tomasson/Possokhov Don Quixote final program of the 2012 season. While that may seem like bad news to the beloved Cuban ballerina’s multitude of fans, there is … Continue reading
(This post will be updated shortly with ‘Odette’s Observations’, as we have TWO World Premieres debuting at Gala this year.) Here it is, direct from San Francisco Ballet-the program and casting news we’ve all … Continue reading