Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- Young and pretty healthy. #StayAtHome #LockdownNow twitter.com/jwdaddy80/stat… 4 days ago
- Good to know. twitter.com/tonyaplank/sta… 4 days ago
- @TonyaPlank One way or another, we die from a toxin our body isn’t meant to battle. Or our hands fall off from over… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Dear gods and goddesses of health, hear our prayers and pleas for help. Humans: DO YOUR PART. STAY HOME.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- This is assault. Once again, white racists look for a non-white minority to blame. Purposely coughing in someone’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Casting
San Francisco Ballet Announces Casting for Opening Night of Program 7, 2012-Balanchine Masterworks Preview
San Franciso Ballet’s Balanchine Tribute Honors the Company’s 60th Anniversary of Performing the Masterworks of Choreographic Legend George Balanchine San Francisco Ballet’s all-Balanchine program, its nearly annual tribute to the late Great and Powerful George Balanchine, known fondly as ‘Mr. B’ to … Continue reading
Just as she thought, Odette was in a darkened movie theater (seeing the remarkable film The Joffrey: Mavericks of American Dance, which she will be reviewing here soon), when San Francisco Ballet announced further casting of Program 5 and the first two performances of Program 6, including … Continue reading
There will be four Romeos and Juliets to flesh out Shakespeare’s tragedy this run: Tuesday, March 6—8:00 PM–OPENING NIGHT ROMEO & JULIET Choreographer: Helgi Tomasson Conductor: Martin West Composer: Sergei Prokofiev Romeo: Joan Boada Juliet: Maria Kotchetkova … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Program 3 Opening Night Casting for Possokhov World Premiere, ‘Francesca da Rimini’; Preview of Programs 2 & 3
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting for the early performances of their alternating Programs 2 & 3, set to begin this Valentine’s evening, 2/14/12. Each program boasts a world premiere, as well as encore performances of some of last season’s hits by the hottest … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet’s Valentine to Us: 2/14/12 Casting PROGRAM 2: OPENING NIGHT – Tuesday, February 14 – 8:00PM Chroma Choreographer: Wayne McGregor Composer: Joby Talbot, Jack White III Conductor: Martin West Maria Kochetkova, Jaime Garcia Castilla Frances Chung, Pascal Molat … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Adds ‘Olga & Lensky’ to ‘Onegin’ Casting; Sarah Van Patten in the Royal Danish Ballet’s 2002 ‘Onegin’
(Now, if we can just get them to post ‘Prince Gremin’…) I’ve added the ‘Lensky & Olga’ casting (Gennadi Nedvigin & Clara Blanco, Taras Domitro & Dana Genshaft, Jaime Garcia Castilla & Dores Andre, and Isaac Hernandez & Courtney Elizabeth) for this … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Casting for Cranko’s ‘Onegin’; Maria ‘Masha’ Kochetkova & Vitor Luiz Open the Run
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting of the lead roles, Onegin & Tatiana, for the entire run of its 2012 season’s most eagerly anticipated-and first-program, the SFB premiere of John Cranko’s masterpiece, Onegin, one of ballet’s most highly acclaimed and dramatically challenging works, which opens in just 6 days… …and they … Continue reading