Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- @lapetitefrench_ Mathilde in all her bridal glory, a thankful Giselle of a different and consummated nature, spark… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @lapetitefrench_ I thought you were in Giselle for a moment! Stunning in that very modern old world way. Sparkling… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Congrats to all! @sfballet is in quite excellent company with the other nominees. twitter.com/NatDanceAwards… 2 months ago
- @_MediumKevin @dickjd21 @communistbops TY! Yes, this is Georgian, based in ballet. Everyone in the world of ballet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Art with purpose! Create, share, love, live with purpose. @ShinjiEshima twitter.com/ShinjiEshima/s… 2 months ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Casting
San Francisco Ballet Announces Casting for Opening Night of Program 7, 2012-Balanchine Masterworks Preview
San Franciso Ballet’s Balanchine Tribute Honors the Company’s 60th Anniversary of Performing the Masterworks of Choreographic Legend George Balanchine San Francisco Ballet’s all-Balanchine program, its nearly annual tribute to the late Great and Powerful George Balanchine, known fondly as ‘Mr. B’ to … Continue reading
Just as she thought, Odette was in a darkened movie theater (seeing the remarkable film The Joffrey: Mavericks of American Dance, which she will be reviewing here soon), when San Francisco Ballet announced further casting of Program 5 and the first two performances of Program 6, including … Continue reading
There will be four Romeos and Juliets to flesh out Shakespeare’s tragedy this run: Tuesday, March 6—8:00 PM–OPENING NIGHT ROMEO & JULIET Choreographer: Helgi Tomasson Conductor: Martin West Composer: Sergei Prokofiev Romeo: Joan Boada Juliet: Maria Kotchetkova … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Program 3 Opening Night Casting for Possokhov World Premiere, ‘Francesca da Rimini’; Preview of Programs 2 & 3
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting for the early performances of their alternating Programs 2 & 3, set to begin this Valentine’s evening, 2/14/12. Each program boasts a world premiere, as well as encore performances of some of last season’s hits by the hottest … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet’s Valentine to Us: 2/14/12 Casting PROGRAM 2: OPENING NIGHT – Tuesday, February 14 – 8:00PM Chroma Choreographer: Wayne McGregor Composer: Joby Talbot, Jack White III Conductor: Martin West Maria Kochetkova, Jaime Garcia Castilla Frances Chung, Pascal Molat … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Adds ‘Olga & Lensky’ to ‘Onegin’ Casting; Sarah Van Patten in the Royal Danish Ballet’s 2002 ‘Onegin’
(Now, if we can just get them to post ‘Prince Gremin’…) I’ve added the ‘Lensky & Olga’ casting (Gennadi Nedvigin & Clara Blanco, Taras Domitro & Dana Genshaft, Jaime Garcia Castilla & Dores Andre, and Isaac Hernandez & Courtney Elizabeth) for this … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Casting for Cranko’s ‘Onegin’; Maria ‘Masha’ Kochetkova & Vitor Luiz Open the Run
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting of the lead roles, Onegin & Tatiana, for the entire run of its 2012 season’s most eagerly anticipated-and first-program, the SFB premiere of John Cranko’s masterpiece, Onegin, one of ballet’s most highly acclaimed and dramatically challenging works, which opens in just 6 days… …and they … Continue reading