Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- @lapetitefrench_ Mathilde in all her bridal glory, a thankful Giselle of a different and consummated nature, spark… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @lapetitefrench_ I thought you were in Giselle for a moment! Stunning in that very modern old world way. Sparkling… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Congrats to all! @sfballet is in quite excellent company with the other nominees. twitter.com/NatDanceAwards… 2 months ago
- @_MediumKevin @dickjd21 @communistbops TY! Yes, this is Georgian, based in ballet. Everyone in the world of ballet… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Art with purpose! Create, share, love, live with purpose. @ShinjiEshima twitter.com/ShinjiEshima/s… 2 months ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Christopher Wheeldon
Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Hosted by Val Caniparoli and Featuring Presenters Edward Villella & Joanna Berman, Honors All Five San Francisco Ballet Ballerinas for 2011’s “Many Faces of Giselle”
The 26th annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’ event is one of the most anticipated in its history to date, given that living dance legend, Edward Villella, Founding Artistic Director of the Miami City Ballet and former New York City Ballet dancer, is one … Continue reading
Diablo Ballet’s Daring New Pas de Deux for Dance & Device and Former San Francisco Ballet Star Joanna Berman’s Partnership with Christopher Wheeldon
Tonight’s Diablo Ballet performance either marks the advent of a hot new trend in dance criticism…or not. Dan Meagher, Director of Marketing for Diablo Ballet, has already been fielding comments from both sides of the Great Textpert Debate, while Artistic Director, … Continue reading
Christopher Wheeldon Creates ‘Cinderella’ for San Francisco Ballet and Dutch National Ballet (Het Nationale Ballet) in Spectacular New Co-Production for Next Season
Here’s the exciting hot-off-the-press SFB press release: SAN FRANCISCO, Wednesday, February 15, 2012 Christopher Wheeldon is creating a spectacular new ballet version of the most popular fairytale in the world: Cinderella. San Francisco Ballet and the Dutch National Ballet … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Program 3 Opening Night Casting for Possokhov World Premiere, ‘Francesca da Rimini’; Preview of Programs 2 & 3
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting for the early performances of their alternating Programs 2 & 3, set to begin this Valentine’s evening, 2/14/12. Each program boasts a world premiere, as well as encore performances of some of last season’s hits by the hottest … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet’s Valentine to Us: 2/14/12 Casting PROGRAM 2: OPENING NIGHT – Tuesday, February 14 – 8:00PM Chroma Choreographer: Wayne McGregor Composer: Joby Talbot, Jack White III Conductor: Martin West Maria Kochetkova, Jaime Garcia Castilla Frances Chung, Pascal Molat … Continue reading
Principal Dancers from San Francisco Ballet to Star in ‘Dancing for Uganda’: Joan Boada, Frances Chung, Gennadi Nedvigin, Sarah Van Patten, & Pierre-Francois Vilanoba
~~~ This Saturday, October 15th, 2011, at 7:30 pm, in a non-San Francisco Ballet related charity event that will raise funds for the Children of Uganda’s music and dance program, five of SFB’s finest Principal Dancers will be dancing their hearts out in three … Continue reading
(wait for the slideshow above) San Francisco Ballet’s 2012 season begins and ends with a full-length Big Ballet Bang; Program 1 gives us the SFB Premiere of John Cranko’s 1965 adaptation of Onegin, one of his most dramatic ballets, created on … Continue reading