Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- Says our master storyteller during a healthcare crisis so horrifyingly epic, only he could’ve imagined it... and h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @nationalballet Go, Wilis! 1 day ago
- @sfballet Thank you for offering these adult beginner classes!!! Studying the art form definitely creates a deeper… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Thank you for sharing! Ballet will survive with this kind of love and dedication. twitter.com/enballet/statu… 1 day ago
- @TheStud is reopening with weekly drag shows. Entertainers in all genres are making the necessary crossover stay al… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Joan Boada
^The Gala Performances^ ~and~ The After Party Celebration: Odette is sad to report that her computer has been very ill (possibly Mad Cow Disease) since 2 days after SFB’s Gala, so the reviews of Gala & Program 1 will be posted as soon her computer is up and running. … Continue reading
Note: This post has been updated on 7/20/12. However, above^ slideshow preview and associated photos below reflect previously announced programming, which has since been changed. This post is still very worthwhile for the video clips of last season’s Stern Grove performances (including Sofiane Sylve’s Isadora … Continue reading
A Belated Fond Farewell to San Francisco Ballet’s Erin McNulty (and Other Outgoing Talent) and a Warm Welcome to SFB’s Newest Dancers (oh, and an ‘Homage to Helgi’, as well)
Surprise! There is a link to a sneak peek at one of Odette’s exclusive San Francisco Ballet dancer photo shoots somewhere below. (“But first this special message…”) ‘Homage to Helgi’ Every year, San Francisco Ballet acquires new talent, attracting some of the best dancers, of all levels, from the world’s most highly esteemed ballet … Continue reading
(^Enjoy this exclusive slideshow; full gallery at bottom) San Francisco Ballet’s Artistic Director, Helgi Tomasson, has paired San Francisco Ballet’s Joan Boada and Maria Kochetkova together, once again, for this 2012 season’s run of Romeo & Juliet. ‘Masha’ (as Maria is affectionately known to her … Continue reading
There will be four Romeos and Juliets to flesh out Shakespeare’s tragedy this run: Tuesday, March 6—8:00 PM–OPENING NIGHT ROMEO & JULIET Choreographer: Helgi Tomasson Conductor: Martin West Composer: Sergei Prokofiev Romeo: Joan Boada Juliet: Maria Kotchetkova … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Program 3 Opening Night Casting for Possokhov World Premiere, ‘Francesca da Rimini’; Preview of Programs 2 & 3
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting for the early performances of their alternating Programs 2 & 3, set to begin this Valentine’s evening, 2/14/12. Each program boasts a world premiere, as well as encore performances of some of last season’s hits by the hottest … Continue reading
Carlos Quenedit, San Francisco Ballet’s Newest Cuban Acquisition On the cusp of its 2012 Gala, San Francisco Ballet welcomes a new male Soloist to its roster. Prior to joining the Company, Carlos Quenedit, who hails from Havana, Cuba, trained and danced with the National Ballet … Continue reading