Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- RT @DiabloBallet: A sneak peek of reharsals for our May 5th & 6th performances. Get tickets at diabloballet.org https://t.co/aQG8XSy… 1 week ago
- @mercnews Way to break the @sfballet 4:00 pm web embargo. Fellow reporters that abide by SFB's embargo are fed up and letting SFB know. 2 weeks ago
- Way to break the @sfballet 2018 season announcement embargoed till 4pm today, @mercnews & @BruceManuel who published @12:01pm. Wow. 2 weeks ago
- My review of @sfballet and @SFBalletOrch in Prog 7, with @mylesthatcher world premiere & @chriswheeldon2 to die for… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 weeks ago
- Odette couldn't agree more! And it should be this @sfballet production, where each cast will be magnificent! twitter.com/sfballet/statu… 1 month ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Maria Kochetkova
^The Gala Performances^ ~and~ The After Party Celebration: Odette is sad to report that her computer has been very ill (possibly Mad Cow Disease) since 2 days after SFB’s Gala, so the reviews of Gala & Program 1 will be posted as soon her computer is up and running. … Continue reading
The Winners of the 2012 26th Annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’; Honoring the Bay Area’s Best in Dance
The Izzies-2012 The San Francisco Bay Area dance community loves the ‘Izzies’, the affectionate moniker it has attached to the ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’, that honor the best of the Bay, when it comes to all things dance. Last night was no … Continue reading
To Russia with Love: San Francisco Ballet Adds Moscow, Hamburg, & Sun Valley, Idaho to its 2012 Summer/Fall Tour; 4 Principal Dancers to Perform Neumeier’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ on Neumeier’s Home Stage
San Francisco Ballet’s First Visit to Russia Well, well, well. As if tonight’s world premiere of Edwaard Liang’s Symphonic Dances wasn’t enough to cheer about… …or the fact that San Francisco Ballet will already be going to London and Washington, D.C. … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Announces Casting for Program 5 & Edwaard Liang’s World Premiere, ‘Symphonic Dances’
San Francisco Ballet has announced casting for the first 2 nights of Program 5 (opening night of Edward Liang’s world premiere!) and it is currently available on their ‘Casting’ page here. Odette is pleased to share the known casting below… …right after she informs you … Continue reading
A Belated Fond Farewell to San Francisco Ballet’s Erin McNulty (and Other Outgoing Talent) and a Warm Welcome to SFB’s Newest Dancers (oh, and an ‘Homage to Helgi’, as well)
Surprise! There is a link to a sneak peek at one of Odette’s exclusive San Francisco Ballet dancer photo shoots somewhere below. (“But first this special message…”) ‘Homage to Helgi’ Every year, San Francisco Ballet acquires new talent, attracting some of the best dancers, of all levels, from the world’s most highly esteemed ballet … Continue reading
(^Enjoy this exclusive slideshow; full gallery at bottom) San Francisco Ballet’s Artistic Director, Helgi Tomasson, has paired San Francisco Ballet’s Joan Boada and Maria Kochetkova together, once again, for this 2012 season’s run of Romeo & Juliet. ‘Masha’ (as Maria is affectionately known to her … Continue reading
Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Hosted by Val Caniparoli and Featuring Presenters Edward Villella & Joanna Berman, Honors All Five San Francisco Ballet Ballerinas for 2011’s “Many Faces of Giselle”
The 26th annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’ event is one of the most anticipated in its history to date, given that living dance legend, Edward Villella, Founding Artistic Director of the Miami City Ballet and former New York City Ballet dancer, is one … Continue reading