Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Join 3,026 other subscribers
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- @SHABOOTY How gracious awesome for you to reply to the fans’ tweets! 😘 7 months ago
- @nktgill @caossola Holy Writing Gods! A conjuring of more palpable written sadness cannot exist. I feel sucker punc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- @lilririah @thegreatdancer A friend of mine, Antoine, retweeted this, your tweet, and at first I thought it was a j… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- RT @hugolowell: WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol attack said Sunday they uncovered enough evidenc… 9 months ago
- @mskane2u Wishing you a magical journey for your next trip around the sun! ❤️ 10 months ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Mark Morris
San Francisco Ballet Announces Sadler’s Wells Programming for London Tour, September 14 to September 23, 2012
(Enjoy the slideshow above.) London balletomanes have significant reason to rejoice; San Francisco Ballet is bringing an enviable tour of riches that may make their Crown Jewels seem pale in comparison. In fact, the programming is enough to make a … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Ashley Page, Balanchine, Beaux, Christopher Wheeldon, Classical Symphony, Divertimento No. 15, Edwaard Liang, George Balanchine, Ghosts, Guide to Strange Places, Helgi Tomasson, Kip Winger, Mark Morris, Number Nine, Odette's Ordeal, RAkU, Sadler's Wells, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Ballet London Tour, SF Ballet, SFB, Symphonic Dances, Teri McCollum, Tomasson Trio, Within the Golden Hour, Yuri Possokhov 5 Comments
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from ‘Odette’s Ordeal’: San Francisco Ballet in Our Emerald City by the Bay
I ask you, is there any more appropriate city than San Francisco that can-and does-boast the much abused quote “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore”? Proof of our Emerald City by the Bay is in the clover luminescence of San Francisco City Hall’s festive St. Patty’s … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Alexei Ratmansky, Balanchine's Emeralds, Brian Mengini, Carnival of the Animals, Christopher Wheeldon, Clara Blanco, Continuum, Damian Smith, Elizabeth Miner, Emerald City, James Sofranko, Katita Waldo, Kristina Lind, Le Carnaval des Animaux, Mark Morris, Muriel Maffre, Odette's Ordeal, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco City Hall, Sandpaper Ballet, SF Ballet, SFB, Sofiane Sylve, St. Patrick's Day, Teri McCollum, The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude, Victoria Ananyan, William Forsythe, Yuan Yuan Tan 10 Comments
A Belated Fond Farewell to San Francisco Ballet’s Erin McNulty (and Other Outgoing Talent) and a Warm Welcome to SFB’s Newest Dancers (oh, and an ‘Homage to Helgi’, as well)
Surprise! There is a link to a sneak peek at one of Odette’s exclusive San Francisco Ballet dancer photo shoots somewhere below. (“But first this special message…”) ‘Homage to Helgi’ Every year, San Francisco Ballet acquires new talent, attracting some of the best dancers, of all levels, from the world’s most highly esteemed ballet … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Anita Paciotti, Anthony Randazzo, Artem Yachmennikov, Ashley Wheater, Ballet photos, Betsy Erickson, Brian Mengini, Bryn Gilbert, Carlos Quenedit, Caroline Wilson, Christopher Stowell, Dance Photos, Daniel Deivison-Oliveira, Elena Kazakova, Elizabeth Powell, Ellen Rose Hummel, Erin McNulty, Evan Hewer, Evelyn Cisneros, Francisco Mungamba, Gennadi Nedvigin, Helgi Tomasson, Henry Sidford, Jerome Robbins, Joan Boada, Julia Adam, Katita Waldo, Lola de Avila, Lorena Feijoo, Maria Kochetkova, Mark Morris, Megan Amanda Ehrlich, Michael Smuin, Mikko Nissinen, Mizrahi, Nicolas Blanc, Odette's Ordeal, Parrish Maynard, Pascale Leroy, Patricia Keleher, Patrick Armand, Raymond Tilton, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Ballet Photos, San Francisco Ballet School, Sean Bennett, SF Ballet, SFBallet, SFBalletomanes, Sherri LeBlanc, Shian Yuasa, Sofiane Sylve, Sylvie Volosov, Teri McCollum, Tina LeBlanc, Val Caniparoli, Victoria Ananyan, Viktoriya Ananyan, Vito Mazzeo, Vitor Luiz, Wan Ting Zhao, WanTing Zhao, Yuan Yuan Tan, Yuri Possokhov, Yuri Zhukov 12 Comments