Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Join 3,026 other subscribers
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- @SHABOOTY How gracious awesome for you to reply to the fans’ tweets! 😘 7 months ago
- @nktgill @caossola Holy Writing Gods! A conjuring of more palpable written sadness cannot exist. I feel sucker punc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- @lilririah @thegreatdancer A friend of mine, Antoine, retweeted this, your tweet, and at first I thought it was a j… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- RT @hugolowell: WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol attack said Sunday they uncovered enough evidenc… 9 months ago
- @mskane2u Wishing you a magical journey for your next trip around the sun! ❤️ 10 months ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Miami City Ballet
Miami City Ballet Names Lourdes Lopez, Former Balanchine Ballerina, to Succeed Edward Villella as Artistic Director
In a unanimous vote of 9-2, Miami City Ballet’s ‘Search Committee’ has chosen the Cuban-born and Miami-raised Lourdes Lopez as its new Artistic Director and the decision is making headlines throughout the world of ballet. Recipient of a full scholarship with the Joffrey Ballet school, accepted … Continue reading
Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Hosted by Val Caniparoli and Featuring Presenters Edward Villella & Joanna Berman, Honors All Five San Francisco Ballet Ballerinas for 2011’s “Many Faces of Giselle”
The 26th annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’ event is one of the most anticipated in its history to date, given that living dance legend, Edward Villella, Founding Artistic Director of the Miami City Ballet and former New York City Ballet dancer, is one … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Alexander Nichols, Alonzo King, Alonzo King Lines Ballet, Amy Seiwert, Anthony Spaulding, Antoine Vereecken, Balanchine, Ballet San Jose, Carlos Carvajal, Christopher Dennis, Christopher Wheeldon, Chroma, Coppelia, Deborah Dubowy, Dennis Nahat, Diablo Ballet, Edward Villella, Festival del Sole, Gennadi Nedvigin, Ghosts, Giselle, Guennadi Nedviguine, Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Isadora Duncan Dance Awards Nominees, Izzies, Joanna Berman, Joe Goode, John Neumeier, John Neumeier The Little Mermaid, Kip Winger, KT Nelson, Le Corsaire, Lines Ballet, Lorena Feijoo, Maria Kochetkova, Mark Zappone, Mercurial Manoeuvres, Miami City Ballet, Muriel Maffre, New York City Ballet, ODC, Odette's Ordeal, RAkU, Renato Zanella, Rose d'Or, Rose d'Or Awards, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Ballet Dancers, San Francisco Ballet Neumeier The Little Mermaid, San Francisco Ballet Neumeier The Little Mermaid DVD, San Francisco Ballet The Little Mermaid, Sarah Van Patten, Scheherezade, SFB, SFBallet, Smuin Ballet, Sofiane Sylve, Stern Grove, Stern Grove Festival, Symphony in C, Talk to Her, Teri McCollum, The Complete Works of Muriel Maffre, The Izzies, The Little Mermaid, The Many Faces of Giselle, Theme and Variations, Underskin, Val Caniparoli, Vanessa Zahorian, Vitor Luiz, Wayne McGregor, Yuan Yuan Tan, Yuri Possokhov Leave a comment
San Francisco Ballet Hires New Cuban Soloist: Carlos Quenedit
Carlos Quenedit, San Francisco Ballet’s Newest Cuban Acquisition On the cusp of its 2012 Gala, San Francisco Ballet welcomes a new male Soloist to its roster. Prior to joining the Company, Carlos Quenedit, who hails from Havana, Cuba, trained and danced with the National Ballet … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged 2012 Gala, Alicia Alonso, Ballet de Monterrey, Ballet Nacional Cubano, Carlos Quenedit, Choreographer in Residence, Cuban Ballet, Cuban Ballet Defectors, Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami, Don Quixote, Don Quixote Ballet, Helgi Tomasson, Joan Boada, Joffrey, Joffrey Ballet, Jorge Esquivel, Katia Carranza, Lorena Feijoo, Luis Serrano, Magaly Suarez, Miami City Ballet, Nacional Ballet de Cuba, National Ballet of Cuba, Odette's Ordeal, Pedro Pablo Pena, Perfidia, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Ballet Dancers, San Francisco Ballet Gala 2012, San Francisco Ballet New Hires, SF Ballet, SFB, Taras Domitro, Teri McCollum, Victoria Jaiani, Yuri Possokhov 4 Comments