Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Join 3,026 other subscribers
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- @SHABOOTY How gracious awesome for you to reply to the fans’ tweets! 😘 7 months ago
- @nktgill @caossola Holy Writing Gods! A conjuring of more palpable written sadness cannot exist. I feel sucker punc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- @lilririah @thegreatdancer A friend of mine, Antoine, retweeted this, your tweet, and at first I thought it was a j… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
- RT @hugolowell: WASHINGTON (AP) — Members of the House committee investigating the Capitol attack said Sunday they uncovered enough evidenc… 9 months ago
- @mskane2u Wishing you a magical journey for your next trip around the sun! ❤️ 10 months ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: ODC
The Winners of the 2012 26th Annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’; Honoring the Bay Area’s Best in Dance
The Izzies-2012 The San Francisco Bay Area dance community loves the ‘Izzies’, the affectionate moniker it has attached to the ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’, that honor the best of the Bay, when it comes to all things dance. Last night was no … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Davit Karapetyan, Deborah Dubowy, Edward Villella, Evelyn Cisneros, Gennadi Nedvigin, Guennadi Nedviguine, Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Izzies, Izzies 2012, Joanna Berman, Lorena Feijoo, Maria Kochetkova, Maria Tallchief, ODC, Odette's Ordeal, San Francisco Ballet, Sarah Van Patten, SF Ballet, SFB, Sofiane Sylve, Teri McCollum, The Complete Works of Muriel Maffre, The Izzies, Tiit Helimets, Val Caniparoli, Vanessa Zahorian, Vito Mazzeo, Vitor Luiz, Words on Dance, Yuan Yuan Tan 5 Comments
Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Hosted by Val Caniparoli and Featuring Presenters Edward Villella & Joanna Berman, Honors All Five San Francisco Ballet Ballerinas for 2011’s “Many Faces of Giselle”
The 26th annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’ event is one of the most anticipated in its history to date, given that living dance legend, Edward Villella, Founding Artistic Director of the Miami City Ballet and former New York City Ballet dancer, is one … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Alexander Nichols, Alonzo King, Alonzo King Lines Ballet, Amy Seiwert, Anthony Spaulding, Antoine Vereecken, Balanchine, Ballet San Jose, Carlos Carvajal, Christopher Dennis, Christopher Wheeldon, Chroma, Coppelia, Deborah Dubowy, Dennis Nahat, Diablo Ballet, Edward Villella, Festival del Sole, Gennadi Nedvigin, Ghosts, Giselle, Guennadi Nedviguine, Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Isadora Duncan Dance Awards Nominees, Izzies, Joanna Berman, Joe Goode, John Neumeier, John Neumeier The Little Mermaid, Kip Winger, KT Nelson, Le Corsaire, Lines Ballet, Lorena Feijoo, Maria Kochetkova, Mark Zappone, Mercurial Manoeuvres, Miami City Ballet, Muriel Maffre, New York City Ballet, ODC, Odette's Ordeal, RAkU, Renato Zanella, Rose d'Or, Rose d'Or Awards, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Ballet Dancers, San Francisco Ballet Neumeier The Little Mermaid, San Francisco Ballet Neumeier The Little Mermaid DVD, San Francisco Ballet The Little Mermaid, Sarah Van Patten, Scheherezade, SFB, SFBallet, Smuin Ballet, Sofiane Sylve, Stern Grove, Stern Grove Festival, Symphony in C, Talk to Her, Teri McCollum, The Complete Works of Muriel Maffre, The Izzies, The Little Mermaid, The Many Faces of Giselle, Theme and Variations, Underskin, Val Caniparoli, Vanessa Zahorian, Vitor Luiz, Wayne McGregor, Yuan Yuan Tan, Yuri Possokhov Leave a comment
Diablo Ballet’s Daring New Pas de Deux for Dance & Device and Former San Francisco Ballet Star Joanna Berman’s Partnership with Christopher Wheeldon
Tonight’s Diablo Ballet performance either marks the advent of a hot new trend in dance criticism…or not. Dan Meagher, Director of Marketing for Diablo Ballet, has already been fielding comments from both sides of the Great Textpert Debate, while Artistic Director, … Continue reading
Posted in Odette's Ordeal Tagged Christopher Wheeldon, Citizen Critics, CitizenCritics, Dan Meagher, Diablo Ballet, Diablo Ballet Twitter, Escaping Game, Geri Jeter, Inside the Dancer's Studio, Joanna Berman, KT Nelson, Lauren Jonas, Mary Ellen Hunt, Mercurial Manoevres, ODC, San Francisco Ballet, Text-perts, Textperts, Tweeting during a dance performance 2 Comments