Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- RT @DiabloBallet: A sneak peek of reharsals for our May 5th & 6th performances. Get tickets at diabloballet.org https://t.co/aQG8XSy… 1 week ago
- @mercnews Way to break the @sfballet 4:00 pm web embargo. Fellow reporters that abide by SFB's embargo are fed up and letting SFB know. 2 weeks ago
- Way to break the @sfballet 2018 season announcement embargoed till 4pm today, @mercnews & @BruceManuel who published @12:01pm. Wow. 2 weeks ago
- My review of @sfballet and @SFBalletOrch in Prog 7, with @mylesthatcher world premiere & @chriswheeldon2 to die for… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 weeks ago
- Odette couldn't agree more! And it should be this @sfballet production, where each cast will be magnificent! twitter.com/sfballet/statu… 1 month ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Quinn Wharton
Tiit Helimets, San Francisco Ballet’s Princely Estonian Dancer, to Present Unique Performance Art Installation at De Young Museum
Tiit Helimets, San Francisco Ballet’s golden-haired Estonian, most frequently associated with the ‘white tights’ roles of ballet royalty, has a new venture and it is a treasure trove of collaborative riches, full of familiar San Francisco Ballet dancer talent in … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Fans: ‘Eastern Odyssey’, Quinn Wharton’s Documentary of Tiit Helimets and Co’s Estonian Tour, to Screen One Night Only, Monday 4/16/12
(all photos on this page, unless otherwise noted, by the amazing Quinn Wharton; in the interest of publishing this in a somewhat timely fashion, pardon me once again as WordPress is again having photo captioning and slideshow issues) Eastern Odyssey, … Continue reading
Last night, after a ravishing debut as ‘Olga’ in San Francisco Ballet’s long-awaited premiere of John Cranko’s Onegin, Clara Blanco, a long time favorite of SFBalletomanes, got the surprise of her dance career: a long hoped for and well deserved promotion to Company Soloist. (Thanks … Continue reading
Kudos to San Francisco Ballet’s Responsive Online Presence (Thanks for Listening and Adding ‘Gremin’ to the ‘Onegin’ Casting Page!)
San Francisco Ballet’s online presence has changed the way they interact with their fans-in a very good way; quite simply, they have one of the absolute best ‘Facebook’ feeds in the biz, not to mention their twitterific ‘Twitter’ presence. In addition … Continue reading
Complete Cast, Bios, Synopsis, and Reviews of San Francisco Ballet’s Production of Neumeier’s ‘The Little Mermaid’ on DVD, Blu-Ray and PBS’ ‘Great Performances Presents’
~~~Mermaid Musings~~~ First things first, since this may be the only place you can find it online: the complete ballet libretto (the ‘story’ part of a ‘story’ ballet or opera for you newbies) for John Neumeier’s The Little Mermaid ballet, … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Principal Dancer News: Tiit Helimets Forms New Touring Company and Lorena Feijoo Performs The Black Swan on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
Tiit Helimets and Co. (Wait a moment to enjoy the slideshow above; full story follows the photo gallery below) Tiit Helimets and Co.-The Estonian Tour Documentary Is there one single person visiting Odette’s Ordeal who hasn’t wanted to be a ‘fly on the wall’ … Continue reading
~~~Once upon a time…~~~ ~~~ (on Saturday, March 19, 2011, to be exact) A man named Helgi Tomasson successfully mined his Dancers’ numerous artistic riches, furthered his already gleaming reputation as one of the finest Artistic Directors in the world, and rewarded faithful … Continue reading