Readers’ Choice Award: Voted #9 Top Dance Blog of 2011
- Review: San Francisco Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’, December 12, 2014
- Odette Needs Your Final Votes for Dance Advantage’s Top Dance Blog Contest of 2013!!!
- San Francisco Ballet Gala 2013: Performance & Party Photo Galleries
- 2013 Top Dance Blogs Contest; Nominate ‘Odette’s Ordeal’ With a Comment!
- San Francisco Ballet Announces Nutcracker Casting!
Odette’s Ordeal is on FaceBook!
- Young and pretty healthy. #StayAtHome #LockdownNow twitter.com/jwdaddy80/stat… 4 days ago
- Good to know. twitter.com/tonyaplank/sta… 4 days ago
- @TonyaPlank One way or another, we die from a toxin our body isn’t meant to battle. Or our hands fall off from over… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- Dear gods and goddesses of health, hear our prayers and pleas for help. Humans: DO YOUR PART. STAY HOME.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- This is assault. Once again, white racists look for a non-white minority to blame. Purposely coughing in someone’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
Readers’ Choice Award: Voted ‘Top 20 Dance Blog of 2011’
Tag Archives: Val Caniparoli
Hello Dear Readers! As this Thursday’s San Francisco Ballet 2013 Opening Night Gala (woot!) begins the season with a program to delight every SF Balletomane (woot woot!), Odette is brushing off her keyboard to continue to bring you up-to-the minute previews, interviews, ‘Newsy … Continue reading
San Francisco Ballet Fans: ‘Eastern Odyssey’, Quinn Wharton’s Documentary of Tiit Helimets and Co’s Estonian Tour, to Screen One Night Only, Monday 4/16/12
(all photos on this page, unless otherwise noted, by the amazing Quinn Wharton; in the interest of publishing this in a somewhat timely fashion, pardon me once again as WordPress is again having photo captioning and slideshow issues) Eastern Odyssey, … Continue reading
The Winners of the 2012 26th Annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’; Honoring the Bay Area’s Best in Dance
The Izzies-2012 The San Francisco Bay Area dance community loves the ‘Izzies’, the affectionate moniker it has attached to the ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’, that honor the best of the Bay, when it comes to all things dance. Last night was no … Continue reading
A Belated Fond Farewell to San Francisco Ballet’s Erin McNulty (and Other Outgoing Talent) and a Warm Welcome to SFB’s Newest Dancers (oh, and an ‘Homage to Helgi’, as well)
Surprise! There is a link to a sneak peek at one of Odette’s exclusive San Francisco Ballet dancer photo shoots somewhere below. (“But first this special message…”) ‘Homage to Helgi’ Every year, San Francisco Ballet acquires new talent, attracting some of the best dancers, of all levels, from the world’s most highly esteemed ballet … Continue reading
Isadora Duncan Dance Awards, Hosted by Val Caniparoli and Featuring Presenters Edward Villella & Joanna Berman, Honors All Five San Francisco Ballet Ballerinas for 2011’s “Many Faces of Giselle”
The 26th annual ‘Isadora Duncan Dance Awards’ event is one of the most anticipated in its history to date, given that living dance legend, Edward Villella, Founding Artistic Director of the Miami City Ballet and former New York City Ballet dancer, is one … Continue reading
For those of you eagerly awaiting San Francisco Ballet’s ONC (Opening Night Casting) announcement for Helgi Tomasson’s Nutcracker, the following dancers are being honored with 2011’s leading Opening Night ‘Nut’ roles: Uncle Drosselmeyer: Val Caniparoli The Nutcracker Prince: Gennadi Nedvigin King & Queen of the Snow: Taras Domitro & Vanessa Zahorian … Continue reading
Diablo Ballet Presents Its First World Premiere by Internationally Acclaimed Choreographer Val Caniparoli on 11/18/11-11/19/11 at Lesher Center
This weekend’s upcoming Diablo Ballet program has the entire San Francisco Bay Area dance community abuzz; world renown choreographer Caniparoli, who also sports several other hats as former Principal Dancer, current Principal Character Dancer, and (too infrequent for my taste) … Continue reading